Food Geek Friday: Chicken Adobo
I first had chicken adobo well over a year ago and instantly fell in love. Ever since, I've searched for a recipe that replicates that first taste but was having no such luck. Like any regional cuisine, this one differs across different parts of the Philippines so there was much trial and error to be had. However, I've finally nailed it and am now ready to share it with you! This dish is delicious the first day and even better as leftovers. Chicken Adobo
- 1 package chicken legs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- Water to cover (about 1/2 cup)
- Combine ingredients in a pot large enough to hold all the ingredients, small enough that liquids over the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to simmer for another 20-3o minutes. Until meat is tender enough to easily pull off the bone.
Serve with jasmine rice.