Food Geek Friday: Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfait
I loooove fall and even though it's only been a teaser here in Texas, I've been experimenting with all sorts of pumpkin recipes. The big thing that I know about myself is that I just don't dig on pumpkin in savory recipes. In sweet recipes, however, I LOVE it. I'm sure it's really more about the spices than the pumpkin itself. Even so, ever since I saw this recipe on How Sweet It Is, I've HAD to try it and this morning I finally did. It makes a pretty quick, easy and healthy breakfast or snack. With this one, just make however much for your needs and tastes. The following serves one - ish. Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Parfait Inspired by How Sweet It Is
- Greek yogurt
- Pumpkin puree
- maple syrup
- pumpkin pie spice
- gingersnap granola for garnish
- Prepare quinoa according to directions. Once finished, stir in a dash of cinnamon and place in fridge to cool
- While quinoa is in fridge, mix greek yogurt, a few spoonfuls of pumpkin puree and maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice to taste.
- In a glass, layer quinoa and pumpkin mixture until glass is full.
- Garnish with gingersnap granola and enjoy!