This week, give yourself permission to let go. At least a little bit.
The end of last week, I had a million things going on and just couldn't keep up with putting everything away when I was done with it. Because respect for other people's time and not being late is something of great importance to me, I gave myself permission to:
- have a messy home instead of being late to the multiple things that needed to be tended to
- go to bed with dishes in the sink
- leave clothes on the floor or where ever I threw them when I was rushing from one thing to another
- have papers pile up on my desk and let them wait to be dealt with
- allow emails to crowd my inbox
Once I had more time to spare, I dealt with everything so I could start fresh this week.
Perfection is not the goal in organization. Finding the right balance to maintain your sanity is.
Will I always give myself permission to let things run amok? Absolutely not! But it is perfectly ok to let things slide every now and then.
This week, give yourself permission to let things slide. Take this week to be thankful for the things you have and that you have people who care about you enough to invite you to things so that you are so busy. This week, I'll give myself permission to take off the blog for the rest of the week.
I'm so very thankful for each and every one of you for if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be able to live a life and have a thriving business that I absolutely j'adore. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!