Food Geek Friday: Chocolate Croissants
'Tis the season for indulgence, but 'tis also the season when we're crazy-busy. Today's super-easy cheat satisfies both. I first had chocolate croissants on a trip to Disney World. We were in the France section of Epcot when I experienced the beautiful, indulgent luxury of melted chocolate and flaky pasty. With a flute of champagne of course. Since then, I can't pass up the chance to indulge.
During this past weekend's recipe purge I came across this easy cheat recipe for chocolate croissants and decided to test it out. (Secret: I LOVE the fake it, don't make it section of Real Simple. It almost never fails!)
- 1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
- chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (I prefer dark chocolate so I used Ghiradelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips)
- Pre-heat oven according to package directions.
- Unroll the dough and separate it into triangles. Place a enough chocolate chips to cover the bottom of each triangle and roll the dough up around the chocolate.
- Transfer the croissants to a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper, if desired, for easier cleanup). Bake until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.