Food Geek Friday: Boozy Whipped Cream
You've spent all week slaving away in the kitchen. Now it's time to make yourself a decadent treat. Before the holidays, the buzz (ugh...I punned!) was about alcohol laced whipped cream in a can.
The first thing I thought was, "Yeah...where the hell have you been?"
Long before I ever started cooking, I was making boozed up whipped creams. What can I say, I like to get my desserts drunk?
So here's the thing...whipped cream is EEEEEEASY to make. I'm talking, blind-folded with both hands tied behind the back easy. Not to mention the fact that you'll know what's actually going into it when you do. (Because the booze whipped cream in a can is served in a liquor store, it doesn't have any ingredient labels. That freaks me out a little.)
So today, we're getting your whipped cream liquored up!
All you need is:
- heavy whipping cream
- sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- liquor of choice
Place ingredients in a bowl and whip up with a hand mixer until the desired whipped creamy goodness that you want.
A couple of notes:
- Start easy on the sugar. You can always add more to desired sweetness but you can't take away.
- If it doesn't whip up, it's got too much liquor. Just add more cream.
A couple of combinations:
- Brandy, brown sugar and cinnamon whipped cream. This is delicious over warm apple slices. Also tasty as a waffle sundae.
- Brandy and plain sugar - works really well with stone fruits.
- Sweet tea vodka and just a touch of sugar - perfect with grilled peaches.
- The combinations really are endless.
Try it out, let us know. And if you play around with different combinations and like the results, please post your substitutions in the comments below!
Now go get whipped!