Food Geek Friday: Melon Gazpacho
As we're on our umpteenth day of 100+ degree weather, I just can't be bothered to do real cooking. Honestly, I can hardly be bothered to do much of anything in the kitchen. I'm hardly even hungry.
I barely recognize myself.
After this recipe, I've sworn off the oven until at least October. I'm pretty sure my house hasn't been under 80 degrees and my AC has barely turned off since.
So what's a girl to do?
I'd flipped through the August issue of Cooking Light and Mark Bittman had a piece on chilled soups. I had the main ingredients on hand and could sub out the rest so BINGO! It was time to take the new birthday food processor for a test run!
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled and cubed
- 3 ripe peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- juice from one lime
- splash of white wine vinegar
- couple dashes of salt
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into ribbons
- Blend all ingredients except for prosciutto in food processor until smooth. Chill in refrigerator until cold.
- Once chilled, spoon into bowls and garnish with prosciutto.
Prosciutto tip - I rolled it and then sliced it. Plus, I left it in it's little rolls with made it easier to scoop up with my spoon.
This goes really well with a light white or sparkling wine. Enjoy!