Food Geek Friday: Mistletoe Martini
I first came across and made this cocktail a few years ago while I was still in event planning. I had put together a department Christmas party being hosted in the home of the office manager. An instant way to make any party a little more special is to serve a specialty martini. This cocktail's bright red color along with the contrast of the green sugar rimmed glasses makes it perfect festive touch to any Christmas party. Plus, it's not so girly that the men won't enjoy it too.
- 3 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Cranberry Juice
- Splash Chambord
- Green sugar for the rim
- Skewered frozen cranberries for garnish
- The night before, skewer fresh cranberries on toothpicks and freeze. Also put the vodka and Chambord in the freezer. Make sure the cranberry juice is well chilled in the refrigerator.
- Rim martini glasses by rubbing on a wet, lint-free cloth and then rubbing in a plate of green sugar. Set aside.
- Put all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake within an inch of it's life, strain and pour into martini glass.
- Garnish with cranberry skewer and enjoy.