Food Geek Friday: Bailey's No Bake Cheesecake
Tomorrow is St. Pat's. Why not celebrate with something that's quick to pull together and easy to adapt to whatever your party situation happens to be.
- Hosting a dinner? Use a pre-made graham cracker crust in full or individual sizes. (May need to double recipe.)
- Having a small gathering with a few dessert options? Line small ramekins with graham cracker and top with this cheesecake mixture.
- Having a larger gathering with more options? Fill the bottom of shot glasses with graham cracker and top with the mixture. (As in photo below. There isn't the graham cracker crust in this shot but don't skip it. It needs the crunch factor.) You can also pipe the filling onto small round cookies such as ginger snaps or cinnamon snaps for cheesecake bites.
In case you didn't notice, the larger the gathering and the more the options, the smaller the portion size.
Bailey's No-Bake Cheesecake
adapted from Blackberry Bourbon No Bake Mini Cheesecakes
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and, using hand mixer, mix until smooth.
- Fill dessert holder of choice. If using smaller container like a shot glass, first put mix into ziplock bag. Cut off the tip and pipe it into the glass. Much easier and less messy.
- Can garnish with addition graham crumbs or chocolate shavings.
What's your favorite food for St. Patrick's?