Food Geek Friday: Blackberry Red Wine Cheesecake Poptails
Last summer was the summer of the adult popsicle. Then the other day I find this recipe. I was totally intrigued by it and knew I had to spin something. I already had blackberries and wine so decided to twist my no-bake cheesecake recipe and see if it would work in popsicle form. It did.
Looks like the adult popsicle experiments shall continue through this summer as well.
Blackberry Red Wine Cheesecake Poptails
Adapted from Blackberry Bourbon No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red wine
- graham cracker crumbs
- Put blackberries in food processor and process. Strain seeds out with fine mesh strainer and return blackberry sauce to food processor.
- Add cream cheese, Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and red wine to food processor. Process until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze for 90 minutes.
- Insert wooden sticks and return to freezer for minimum of 8 hours.
- Run warm water along molds to release the popsicles. Dip in graham cracker crumbs before serving.