Food Geek Friday: Eggs with Spinach and Mushrooms
I'm not much of a "greens girl" but every so often I play around with them - especially while they're so plentiful at the farmers market. This is a little something I whipped up recently. It's quick and easy enough to do even if you're tired...perfect for breakfast when you're not really awake. It's also one of my new favorite "breakfast for dinner" options as it goes well with wine. (Which also makes it a good brunch option as it goes well with mimosas.)
Yep...you can have this pretty much any time of the day.
Eggs with Spinach and Mushrooms
- handful of mushrooms, sliced
- handful of spinach, chopped
- fat of choice - I choose butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- drizzle of really good olive oil
- Heat pan to medium/medium-high heat. Add fat of choice.
- Add mushrooms and sautee until almost done.
- Add in spinach, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Sautee until spinach is almost wilted. Create hole in center.
- Crack egg into center. Salt and pepper the egg.
- Cover and cook until egg reaches desired done-ness.
- Slide onto plate and drizzle with olive oil.