Food Geek Friday: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (October #Unprocessed)
Some chill has come back into the air in North Texas and it feels like fall again! This makes me happy because I've been collecting things to roast and bake but haven't summoned up the courage to heat up my house by using the oven. Plus, I picked up the most delightful leopard trench coat last week and it's begging to be worn!
Because it's fall, I almost feel remiss in not posting any pumpkin related foods yet, many of which I luuuuurve. But not really. With SO MANY pumpkin-esque options out there, it's not like anyone is deprived. Following has been a go-to favorite of mine on cool, fall mornings for a couple of years now.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- 1 serving cooked oatmeal
- 1 scoop of canned pumpkin
- splash of milk until consistency you like
- dash of pumpkin pie spice to taste
- drizzle of maple syrup to taste
- chopped nuts
- Cook your oatmeal.
- Once oatmeal is done, add in remainder of ingredients and heat.
- Spoon into bowl and top with chopped nuts. Enjoy!