Food Geek Friday: Sausage and Mushroom Hash
This came about as I was looking at different stuffed acorn squash recipes. I have a lovely acorn squash to play around with and decided that stuffing it with something might just be the route to take it. However, it's still been too warm here in North Texas for me to want to turn on my oven. When meal planning and shopping, I decided I didn't care and I was going to make it.
Then I had to turn my A/C back on.
This is ridiculous.
Do you know how hard it is to be in the sparkly holiday spirit when it's in the 80s outside?
So the idea I had to stuff my acorn squash became the bed for my breakfast eggs instead.
Adaptation is good.
And this sausage mushroom hash was born. A cold front is supposed to blow through here the end of this weekend...I'll test this in the squash then.
Sausage and Mushroom Hash
- 1/2 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 1 package of mushrooms
- leftover cooked rice
- Brown the sausage. While that is cooking, pop the stems out of the mushrooms and quarter the caps. Chop the stems.
- After the sausage is browned, add in the mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Add in rice and cook until heated through.
- Serve with cooked egg of choice. I like mine fried with butter.