Food Geek Friday: Nectarine and Spiced Rum Poptail
I've been completely remiss is providing you with boozed up frozen desserts this summer! To remedy that just in time for Labor Day weekend, have a poptail using one of my favorite summer fruits. Disclaimer: 21yo and up, only.
Nectarine & Spiced Rum Poptail
- 3 nectarines
- 2 shots of favorite liquor. (I used Old New Orleans Cajun spiced rum. A sweetish whiskey like TX would also work well.)
- Blend fruit and liquor until blended to desired texture.
- Pour into popsicle molds and place in freezer. (If you don't have popsicle molds you can use dixie cups or shot glasses.)
- One hour later, add popsicle sticks. Replace back into freezer until frozen. (approximately 4-6 hours.)
- Remove from molds and enjoy your frozen cocktail! (If poptail doesn't release immediately, run under warm water for a few seconds and try again.)
Variation - I added in some thin slices of nectarine before putting in the freezer the first time. This added a nice textural different while eating the popsicle.