Food Geek Friday: Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg
This week's recipe isn't so much of a recipe as much as it's an assembling. And, while rather common ingredients, sometimes we just forget that it's an option available to us. So consider this your reminder.
This works for pretty much any meal you want it to as well as brunch.
I love versatile food.
Avocado Toast with Bacon and Egg
- Bread of choice. I like sourdough for this.
- Ripe avocado
- Toast bread. Here I grilled it using my grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry up the bacon to desired level of crispness.
- Fry up your egg to desired level of doneness. I added a little salt and pepper. Alternatives are to hard boil, poach, or scramble the egg. My preference is anything that will leave you with a runny yolk because the yolk adds a lovely layer of delightful decadence.
- While things are frying and/or toasting, mash up the avocado. I added a touch of salt to it.
- Layer - first spread mashed avocado on toast. Then top with bacon and lastly egg.
What's your favorite simple combo of foods that you love but often forget about.