Food Geek Friday: Strawberry and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
I often have grilled cheese on the brain...especially if it's something I can jazz up. I mean, what's not to love about grilled cheese? You have crunchy bits contrasting gooey bits. It's quick, easy, and comforting. It's perfect.
One of my favorite breakfasts and snacks is berries and goat cheese on toast. The other day I opened the fridge, saw the berries and goat cheese, and had a flash of inspiration: that needs to become a grilled cheese!
Let me tell you, that flash was solid.
Overall, I make fairly good meals. And occassionally I make something that has me thinking, "Damn this is good!" with every bite.
This was one of those meals.
Related side note: a glass of champagne alongside this is fabulous.
Strawberry and Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese
- Strawberries, sliced
- goat cheese
- On one slice of bread, spread goat cheese. Top with sliced strawberries and drizzle honey on top. Add other slice of bread.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add butter and melt until foamy.
- Add sandwich and cook until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Flip sandwich and cook other side until golden brown.
- Remove, cut in half, plate up and enjoy!
- Some people like to butter the outsides of the bread when they cook. I find the butter in the pan to be enough.
- You can also cook this in a grill pan and get pretty grill marks on it.