Food Geek Friday: Breakfast Nachos
What happens when it's breakfast time, and you want eggs, but you also kinda want Mexican food, but you don't feel like migas, but you definitely want some chips and salsa?
Breakfast nachos. That's what you make.
This breakfast came purely out of curiosity, and it turned out really well.
Quick enough for a weekday breakfast and fun enough for brunch, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- Eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- butter (or fat of choice)
- spicy cheese of choice (I used Laughing Cow's Creamy Queso Fresco Chipotle)
- shredded cheddar or cheese of choice
- garnish of choice - I used salsa, sour cream, and avocado.
- Arrange chips flat on a plate.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat. Once skillet is hot, add butter and melt until foamy. Add eggs and begin to cook while scrambling them.
- When eggs are about half-way cooked, add spicy cheese, stir, and continue to cook until juuuuuust done.
- Once eggs are juuuuust cooked, place on top of chips. Top everything with shredded cheese. Zap in microwave for about 20 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Top with garnish(es) of choice, and enjoy!