Here in North Texas we get spurts of cooler weather but it's still been pretty warm...either way, it's now November and I'm pretending it's fall.
Somewhere - I can't remember now - I saw a butternut squash and mushroom frittata on someone's menu. Or maybe it was a food post? Perhaps it just appeared to me in a dream? Can't tell you now but it stuck in my head...
So I made one up.
I also made an entire meal plan for the week around it.
So in anticipation of my upcoming meal planning for one book, I decided to create this meal plan to give you something to play around with until the book is released!
Because the kitchen is for play!
Going forward I plan to create a meal plan for each season. and I'll make them more often if you want more.
But first - frittatas!
Butternut Squash, Mushroom, Quinoa Frittata
- butternut squash - cubed and cooked
- mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- quinoa, cooked
- butter (or fat of choice)
- eggs, beaten with a splash of cream or milk (about 4-6 eggs depending upon size of pan. Enough to connect and partially cover all the ingredients.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until almost done. (I like to leave a little "bite" to mine.)
- Add in butternut squash and quinoa. Stir until evenly incorporated and warmed up.
- Pour in eggs. Place skillet in oven and cook until done. 15-30 minutes depending upon how big the frittata is and how many eggs you used.
- Let cool a little bit, then flip frittata onto a plate.
- Cut like a pizza, plate up, and enjoy!