Food Geek Friday: Stuffed French Toast
This weekend we're getting super-decadent with stuffed French toast. I'll give you the basic recipe as well and some combo options to play with.
Stuffed French Toast
- 2 slices of bread (a little stale is ideal here.)
- Ingredient for stuffing into the French Toast
- 1 egg
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Dashes of cinnamon
- Splash of milk (or alternative milk of choice)
- Butter (or fat of choice)
- Ingredients for topping stuffed French toast
- Combine egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk stirring until well combined.
- Make sandwich with stuffing ingredient and bread.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Melt butter. (or fat of choice.)
- Dip sandwich in egg mixture, making sure both sides are coated. Cook over medium/medium-high heat until golden brown. Approx 4 minutes on each side.
- Top with garnish of choice and enjoy!
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Blackberries and Chocolate Chips
Make cream cheese (block is easiest to work with) sandwich and top with berries and chocolate chips. This tastes like cheesecake.
Goat Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Berries and Chocolate Chips
Chunky Monkey Stuffed French Toast
Stuff with peanut butter and top with banana, chocolate chips, and walnuts.